Who doesn’t love potato salad? This is a cool and creamy homemade potato salad recipe that has been in my family for decades. It is a mandatory part of family get togethers. It really is best if you make this in advance. The day before is best, but if that’s not possible, at least 5 hours before serving will do. This is a Southern recipe that we are proud of.
Serving Size : 8
8 Potatoes, Cubed and Cooked
4 Eggs, Boiled and Peeled
1/2 Cup Onion, Minced
1/3 Cup Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
1/3 Cup Celery, Chopped
1/2 Cup Dill Pickles, Chopped
1 1/2 Cups Mayonnaise
3/4 Cup Sour Cream
3 Tbs Mustard, Yellow Prepared
2 Tbs Liquid from Pickles
1 Tbs Janes Krazy Mixed Up Salt
1 Tbs Paprika
Salt and Pepper To Taste
1. Mix the potatoes, onion, bell pepper, celery, dill pickles and eggs
together in a serving bowl or refrigerator storage container.
2. Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and spices together.
3. Combine mayonnaise mixture with the vegetables and stir to thoroughly blend.
4. This is best made at least 5 hours in advance of serving.
5. Lightly dust with additional Paprika to garnish.
Nutrition (calculated from recipe ingredients)
Calories From Fat: 184
Total Fat: 20.8g
No picnic would be complete without this. Just be sure to keep this under refrigeration and chilled, especially if it is an outdoor picnic.